How to Code C++ in XCode

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 11:52 PM
I've just googled "how to code C++ in XCode " and I trust that I'm not the only one on this planet trying to find a way. And Voila , here is the way, though it cannot work with windows form or something like that or at least I still don't figure out yet, this is just command line but it's still better than nothing , right ?
Assuming you're up to date with XCode 3, I can get you started in 30 seconds:
1. Open XCode.
2. File/New Project...
3. In the "New Project" Assistant, expand the "Command Line Utility" group.
4. Select "C++ Tool"
5. Click "Next"
6. Give a project name and directory, then click "Finish".
7. Press Cmd-Shift-R to open the Console window. Output will appear there.
8. Click the "Build and Go" toolbar button.

That's it. Hello World done. From there you'll probably want to edit main.cpp to do other things.

0 comments

Post a Comment